Hello. I have reached day 5 of the course. Today’s assignment was a simple one but somewhat lengthy. We were asked to try out the different themes available at our disposal so that we could find one that more so fit the overall theme of our blog (the content as well as the look for that content.) To be honest, I didn’t expect to find ones that fit my blog better than the one it already uses. And while I did find some neat back up ones in case the current one ever disappeared, none of them satisfied my crave.
I did however, lose myself in the window shopping for themes. Some were really nice like the Piano Black theme, or the Suits theme; still, none of them were up to par for me when I began to add my own touch to them. My first and only, theme has yet to fail me. I mean, hey, if the theme fits then personalize the heck out of it!
I might have made an exception if they had a free theme that looked like a journal or diary or something but they didn’t from what I saw. That would probably fit my theme better than the Penscratch theme I currently use. Still, the Penscratch theme is already a culmination of a typewriter, neat, simplistic mash-up. Plus, the name itself lends to a writer’s journal anyway. I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit me anyway.
All in all, it was an interesting assignment. I do hope the next one’s will be more exciting! That’s all for today. Until next time, cheers!