Hey there Wonderful Listeners!
So, guess what? This is the first post of Blogging201. That means this is day 1 as well. Now for those who don’t know, I participated in Blogging101 way back in July of this year. Man, that seems so long ago. With that in mind, I decided to pick up the follow-up course too, y’know, for the sake of completion and personal improvement.
Many good things came out of Blogging101 (and if you’d like to see the start of it, feel free to click here!) It would be somewhat wasteful not to keep onward with this momentum that I have created. If I can increase the force with which drives me forward, all the better. Who knows, maybe I’ll hone my direction even more so!
I digress, let’s get right to the matter at hand shall we? Today’s assignment was to create three goals that I’d like to accomplish within my blog. Simple enough. Although, I feel as if maybe I’ve answered a question like this before, and if I have (for those who can inform me) I wonder how the goals now differ from those before if at all. Hmm? What are my current, feasible goals?
At the current moment, I am at a loss. I suppose I still am not the best at goal-setting. Luckily, those who supervise Blogging201 have left some handy-dandy questions to answer for those who get stuck. I’ll go ahead and take a stab at ’em!
- Why do you blog?
- I blog as a means to document my life’s happenings, my own personal thoughts, and to liberate my constricted (and possibly frustrated) artistic notions. I blog to connect to others and have them connect to me because I want interaction. My blog is a reflection of who I am with minor restrains to conceal specific information. While this blog acts as a public diary, some things are not meant to be publicized; yet, I do my best to express those private thoughts without completely ignoring them. If I did then I truly wouldn’t be fulfilling a key creed of this blog.
- If your blog exceeded your wildest dreams, what would that look like?
- Hmm… I suppose maybe I’d be interacting with my audience so much that it becomes an integral part of my life. It would satisfy me in my times of seclusion and loneliness and boredom so that I wouldn’t feel those emotions as often. I think that I wouldn’t care about the number of people following me because that’s just a number. You can follow a hundred different blogs but there might only be a few you actually invest in, interact with, become delighted to be a part of that community. And I think that I’d be posting more of my art. I haven’t posted any yet, and that ought to change very soon.
With these thoughts in mind, I think I might have scraped together three goals:
- Get more people to comment and/or to comment frequently
- Post some original visual art
- Read at least five other blog posts every week
These will be my waves and I will ride them to success. My success, my own personal fulfillment. Yes, these goals will satisfy them. And I’m not in a rush to achieve this success but I am antsy to see it through.
Ah, I got a bit side-tracked there. Welp, that completes this assignment! As always, until next, cheers!