Well hello Wonderful Listeners!
Somehow and someway, I have once again been nominated for an award! This time around it is the Blogger Recognition Award!
I mean, what can I say? People seem to think I should have some type of recognition! Who’d have thought?
But in all seriousness, I send a huge thanks to The TumbleLees (more specifically Debbie) for nominating me! I sincerely appreciated it. Granted, I am like 2 months late on accepting it but better late than never is the old saying!
This award, as with most awards in the blog-o-sphere, has a few requirements that I must fulfill if I am to fully accept the award. Well, I certainly don’t mind doing this, not because I’ll get an award but because I’ll be spreading the love throughout the community!
First order of business is that I need to briefly explain how my blog came to be.
Well, that story is pretty simple. I was told by a friend that I should start up a blog because she thought it would be good for me. I told her that I really wanted to be talk about a lot of things but that no one really had time to do it with me. Starting a blog was her recommendation. I thought about it and one day in November I started my blog and began to let my thoughts flow into the blog-o-sphere.
It’s a boring story but hey, it’s mine and that’s all I can say.
Second order of business is that I need to give some advice to new bloggers. Well, I will tell you from personal experience somethings I believe hold true.
If you stick around the blog-o-sphere and blog long enough, you will meet some people whom you “click” with. I can pretty much guarantee you that. It doesn’t matter what their background, color, creed or origin really is. You will find someone to connect with, on the most basic level, the human level. If you’re really lucky, they will touch your soul and the connection made from that act will propel you forward and help you grow as a person, not just as a blogger.
Another piece of advice I can give you is to not focus on the numbers you see so much. Honestly, that’s not what blogging is about (well, for me anyway.) Some people do blog just to try and achieve fame but the thing about blogging is that you do it as a means of expressing something true and important to you, whatever that might be. Although it may not be said out loud (I’m about to say it!), the numbers you see on screen are lies sometimes. Certain “things” don’t add up and if you pay attention to your numbers long enough you’ll notice it too.
One last thing I gonna say (because I could go on for a while), is to be true to yourself. Never forget to be 100% yourself. Why? Well, it’s very easy to wear a mask but eventually two things will happen: the person behind the mask will be revealed OR the person behind the mask will become the mask instead. Besides, it is so much easier to present yourself to the world and to be you because you never need to make any excuses for being yourself. Simple. After all, there’s only one person who’s like you and that’s you (I know, corny.)
Now, I have one last order of business to attend to. I need to nominate some other people to receive the award! Yes! Well here I go!
- David Snape— Don’t know much about him except that he’s a wonderful person who deserves to be admired! Hey, he’s new to me but he has a style somewhat like my own. Why not give him an award?
- Dialogue from the Depths— This lovely couple is also new to me but I do like the idea behind there blog, that is to share a journey of overcoming depression with the world. That’s not easy to do. It deserves some recognition!
- Stories of Sandeept— He’s a marvelous writer! I’ve been following him for quite some time now and I think he’s great. But don’t just take that from me, why not check him out yourself? You won’t regret it!
- The Geek’s Cafe— I must admit, those at this cafe are mysterious to me! Whoever runs the cafe may be anonymous but they are quite a treat to read! I always find my mind reeling after reading and that’s exciting.
- The Purple Rose Blog— I admit, I don’t think I’ve seen a post from her in quite some time. However, what I do read from her is never short of spectacular. Mostly she talks about life and she’s quite inspirational to read. Go check her out! [Edit: her blog is no longer in service 😦 ]
Well, that’s good enough for me. I think I’m done with my part of the award. I’ll go ahead and leave the rules below so everyone knows how this works.
Here are the rules once you accept (and you are free to ignore, decline or just acknowledge) this award:
Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. (Many modify this and only nominate 5 or so).
- You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Attach the award badge to the post (right-click and save, then upload.)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night.
It is a pleasure to be renowned but I’m closing out this post. So until next time, cheers!