Hello Wonderful Listeners!
This week marked the start of Photography101 as hosted by Blogging University. I must say, it feels rather nice to be back in class once again. Still, I do feel like I have a slight advantage over my peers.
As someone who studies this subject, I have lots of knowledge about it! But, that won’t stop me from having fun with this class. Rather than using these prompts to become a more technically inclined photographer, I’m using it to experiment with different things. Experiments are always good! 😀
Now, allow me to share these images with you. I do hope you’ll enjoy them!
Monday’s Prompt: Home
The question was posed: What does home look like or mean to you?
- Well, home to me is not necessarily a place. I do consider specific locations “home” but sometimes those locations aren’t “home” at certain times. However, people always seem like home to me (I’m talking about close loved ones.) My close friends and family make me feel at home. I feel warm and loved and at peace. The house above is not necessarily luxurious but it’s clearly unique and it feels like it belongs to a person and their mark is all over it. You can tell there’s history there. In the case of locations, this picture does feel like a home. It even embodies what I feel like home is as stated before. Don’t you agree?
Tuesday’s Prompt: Streets & Establishing Shots
The statement was made: To capture your street snapshot, wander around your own neighborhood — or explore someplace new!
- Well, I most definitely wandered around my neighborhood! This is the street I live on actually and I love walking down it from time to time. Even though it’s ridden with apartments, it’s still very inviting. And you know, for a street snapshot, it looks pretty nice! Wide angles for the win!
Wednesday’s Prompt: Water & Orientation
The questions were asked: How will you interpret this theme? How can you tell a story with water?
- Well, I took a picture of water. Plain and simple. Or is it? Water, for some reason, feels like it always has more to say than just what you see at first glance. Look at the photo above. Do you just see water or is there some other presence there? Perhaps you see something in its diluted reflection. Whatever the case, this water, to me, feels magical and alluring. What do you think?
Thursday’s Prompt: Bliss & Captions
The statement was made: Publish an image that represents bliss to you. There was also an additional challenge made to give this photo a caption.
- I have always felt that the sunshine was connected to happiness. Even though that changes depending on the circumstances, for the most part my happiness is connected to the sun. It has some power that I can’t explain but I can feel it. Even past myself, those leaves look so sublime. It’s almost like perfection in a picture. What makes me feel this way? Is it the colors, the light? I can only wonder.
Friday’s Prompt: Solitude & The “Rule of Thirds”
The question was asked: How can you interpret the state of being alone, or a lonely and uninhabited place?
- Loneliness is a strange thing. It can be seen as a singular existence but also as isolation. In the case of the photo above, it is both. Still, there’s something about this depicted solitude that doesn’t seem sad necessarily. It’s almost like this dandelion is content with being alone; it’s a state of balance.
The Weekend Prompt: Experiment with Composition
We were asked to continue working on all that we learned this week. We were also asked to upload a media gallery of multiple images.
- In this case, I think I’ve got some good compositions here! What do you think? Let me know in the comments below why don’t ya?
Well, that’s it for week one! I did it guys! My work is finally circulating in the world 😀 That actually makes me nervous and excited at the same time. 😯 Hope you guys enjoyed those images!
Until next Saturday, cheers! 😉