Here’s something crazy! The Impossible Project underwent a facelift recently. Seriously, I’m not joking. It’s been on every major photo blog I read. And the results of the change are astonishing!
OK. Wait, let me exaggerate. I mean, things are definitely looking up for the world of instant film. The Impossible Project is no more; they are now called Polaroid Originals. I’m not sure of the exact details but I’m excited for these developments. Allow me to briefly describe what has changed:
- They got a new name, Polaroid Originals
- How they managed to snag the rights to the title of Polaroid, I don’t know. However, it is pretty cool that everyone can officially call their product a “Polaroid” picture. 🙂
- The price of their film has decreased
- FINALLY!!! I HAVE AN EXCUSE TO SPLURGE! No, seriously, this is a big step in the right direction. Many people complained that Impossible Project film was too expensive for what you get; however, that’s becoming harder to say with their drop in prices.
- Their color formula has improved
- Instead of waiting 30-45 minutes for your picture to develop fully, it now happens in 15 mins (so they say. I haven’t tested it myself yet.) But if what they say is true, holy crap, this will be a game changer for them.
- Their website is much cleaner and they’re offering different products
- A sleek new look requires a sleek new website. Oh, and did I mention that they’re offering different products now? I mean, I wish some of their old products were still offered but, hey, what can you do?
OK. Well, that’s all I really wanted to say. It’s not that important but I’m really excited. I’ll be able to buy more film, which means more shooting and more moments I can capture! Stoked! Alas, I must round-up some more money first before I splurge…
Feel free to take a look at the new website here!